This is the era of e-Commerce Businesses! For all of those who are still stuck with their traditional stores and ways of running businesses, need to make that shift over to the web. This is the only way to reach out to a wider audience and penetrate deeper in the markets.
The first step, of course, is to set up your e-commerce store. However, just putting up the store is not enough as you would want more people to visit your online stores. In other words, you need to make an effort to divert the web traffic to boost your sales online and make profits. You may have the east website out there, but if you are not sussing the right business strategies, even the most robust software solutions cannot help your online business!
Here are some tips on how to boost your e-Commerce business.
- Build a credible and trustworthy online store – Proofread your website and display icons to show that your site is trustworthy. The online customer is a lot more discerning and will not even log in to a site that looks sketchy. Display icons like secure check out.
- Display top-selling items and remove any slow-selling ones – Show your customers that tour items are selling and very much in demand. People get interested in favorite items and feel motivated to buy. List the “best seller” category on the homepage and offer a wide range of different products.
- Target the right customers– Businesses can grow if they are successful in reaching the right customers. So, study the demographics of your customers and improve your customer retention. Try to make your current customers loyal as you hunt for the new ones.
- Add Live Chat, phone number and a physical address –Features like a live chat and a valid physical address give the customers a peace of mind that they are dealing with a credible party here and would be attended to as and when they want via the live chat option and the phone number.
- Offer free shipping and discounts – When customers know they need not pay for the shipping, they feel motivated to buy Most e-commerce platforms carry a free shipping option and having that is sure to increase the overall sales Offering discounts to customers is another way of keeping them interested and turn them into regular customers.
- Allow your customers the different payment options – The customer likes the freedom of using whatever payment mode he prefers and keeps away from rigid payment options. You may lose a lot of customers if your website accepts just Visa and MasterCard.
- Provide professional customer support – Remember that your customer holds the key to your successful business. Do remain on good terms with him and give him complete attention as well as freedom for his shopping experience. It could be the return or refund or exchange of certain products; he should always feel in control.
The above tactics are sure to improve the customer shopping and boost conversion rates at your e-commerce store.