South East Asia is a haven for the backpackers and for good reasons!
If you are looking for that big wow factor in a budget-friendly vacation, you are sure to find it here in South East Asia. You can sure stretch the travel dollars as far as you want, according to tourism experts. The region offers you plenty of opportunities for that mix-and-match approach to enjoying the best and still remain with our budget!
If you are a backpacker looking for the most Budget friendly destinations in South East Asia, then you are just on the right page. Here is a list that will help you make the right start.
- Goa in India – Get ready for an amazing holiday and massive bargain if you are a thrifty traveler, and it only gets better when you head to Goa, a buck-friendly favorite.
- Cameron Highlands and Selangor in Malaysia – Enjoy Malaysia’s food scene and local delicacies without breaking the bank. Explore the lush landscapes and stunning islands.
- Gili Islands of Indonesia– Enjoy those beaches, volcanoes, natural rainforests and lush jungles of Indonesia on a budget-friendly trundle.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka – Explore the surfing hotspots, delicious food and Heritage Sites in Sri Lanka, which is bursting with history.
- The beaches of Vietnam – Discerning foodies and beach lovers will find their home here in Vietnam and are sure to come back again and again. You will holiday in some of the cheapest cities in Asia!
- Phnom Penh in Cambodia – The culturally rich capital city is one of the cheapest main cities in Asia and boasts of wallet-friendly beach towns and spectacular islands and beaches.
- Pokhara in Nepal – As Nepal’s tourism hub Pokhara makes for an excellent start for backpackers looking for an adventurous holiday as there are fabulous treks and great places to linger around.
- Vientiane in Laos – Laos is sometimes forgotten, but those who make it here are pleasantly surprised by the lower costs and rewarded with a great holiday experience.
- Chiang Mai in Thailand– The capital, is indeed one of the best travel bargain destinations. Enjoy a great holiday on a much lower budget and explore the ancient temples and local culture.
- Manila in the Philippines – The country is loaded with interesting colonial cities, and some of its beach resorts are the cheapest around the world.
- Yangon in Burma – Burma may seem like a not so popular travel destination. However, gradually, the country is waking up its tourism industry, and one can take advantage of the quality budget hotels and its great sites.
- Xi’an in China– After Beijing and Shanghai, Xi’an is a must visit as it showcases those fantastic Terra Cotta Warriors. The east part is that it hostels, food, and drinks are a lot cheaper than you can imagine!
- Taipei in Taiwan – Another South East Asian destination that you should not miss as a backpacker is Taiwan. Explore the historic Chinese culture and artworks here in Taipei, the vast and bustling city which is very affordable to holiday in.
- Seoul in South Korea – South Korean cities are quite reasonably priced but boast of the lightning-fast internet connections and the video game culture. Enjoy the food and the great weather!
- Bandar Seri in Brunei – Explore the tiny sultanate of Brunei and the warmth of its people as well as the wildness of its natural environment and all on a shoestring budget!